Our Ambition, Your Journey.
DLA Piper understands that you’re building a future. Which is why we encourage you to reach your full potential and to explore the opportunities and choices that shape your individual career journey.
This is your opportunity to have maximum impact in a global law firm. You will develop, lead and manage the Knowledge strategy for the International Tax Group (covering initiatives directed both internally and externally) to support the Group's overall business strategy and the firm's overarching Knowledge approach.
You will be challenged to think outside the box, be innovative and drive change to deliver a positive impact for our community.
At DLA Piper, personal growth goes hand in hand with professional development in a supportive culture. Apply now to progress your career journey in a global business that’s redefining the expectations of a law firm.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To develop, lead and manage the Group's Knowledge strategy (covering initiatives directed both internally and externally) to support the Group's overall business strategy and the firm's overarching Knowledge approach.
To take overall responsibility for the quality of the Group's legal practice and to be a role model for technical knowledge, skill and advisory techniques in the Group, including management of multi-jurisdictional projects.
To champion the firm's vision for Knowledge across the Group and represent the Group in the firm-wide Knowledge community
Key areas of responsibility:
- Developing and leading the Group's Knowledge strategy in line with the firm's overarching Knowledge approach and initiatives
- Implementing and managing projects to deliver the strategy. The role must lead "from the front", involve, where appropriate innovative client projects and play a full and active part in the substantive delivery of projects (e.g. development of know-how documents or delivery of training), especially where he or she has relevant technical expertise
- Building relationships with the Group's partners to identify where expertise lies and championing and facilitating the sharing of expertise by identifying and promoting common interests, best practice, ideas and initiatives between teams
- Acting as the Group's practice quality expert and supporting the Group partners to determine best practices for adoption by the Group to ensure the quality of the Group's legal practice
- Providing technical and content leadership in support of the group’s business development and marketing activities such as client facing thought leadership, publications, client webinars and events
Strategic and commercial astute
- Attuned to the dynamics and drivers affecting the Group's business internationally and able to actively forecast changes to the markets in which the Group operates
- Able to translate strategy into specific plans and strong project management skills to deliver those plans
- Understands and actively seeks the appropriate application of technology for effective knowledge sharing and efficient high-quality service delivery
- Understanding of knowledge management strategy and implementation in a professional services environment and preferably experience of high-quality implementation in a legal services organisation
- Strong international project management skills
- Solid international/pan European tax experience
An expert facilitator
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to connect, influence and collaborate in a multi-cultural environment across multiple geographies. Proactively engages others and can lead, inspire and motivate through building strong relationships and instilling confidence in others to encourage dissemination of best practice and new ideas
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to assess competing priorities and provide structured solutions to address them
- Highly organised and able to co-ordinate and deliver projects across multiple teams
- Team management experience, with experience of working virtual team settings and of managing teams and working effectively with others with little direct face to face interaction
- Excellent technical academic credentials and broad in-depth relevant practical experience
- Experience of developing knowledge resources and delivering training
- Ability to assess quality beyond own immediate technical expertise
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.OUR VALUES
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.AGILE WORKING
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.