The IT SAP Environments, Change & Release Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity and continuity of the SAP S4HANA platform and integrated interfaces for DLA Pipers Finance and HR Systems, including:
- Overall accountability for managing the Changes / Release implementation in SAP environment
- Achieving governance, legal, contractual and regulatory requirements of Change / Release Management, in line with DLAP IT framework
- Management of scheduling and movement of transports across environments
- Engagement with DLAP teams, vendors/OEMs and function users, to enable effective Change planning, implementation, testing and communications
About the Team
The IT SAP Platform is a new service offering within IT to support the new SAP platforms covering HR and Finance applications. The team has been formed to cover end to end service levels to the business services within DLA Piper and supported by an underpinning 3rd party, to provide Level 3 Application and platform expertise. The IT SAP Platform operates within IT in collaboration with other teams within IT and Finance Systems, to ensure that ITIL best practice is followed and that consistent resolutions are delivered to the business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include adhering to ITIL best practices and ownership of the ITIL processes:
- Availability and performance of SAP environments and integrated systems
- Working with the QA&Test team to ensure that the automated (and manual) test coverage is continually optimised/maintained in line with change/release schedule and scope
- Synchronization, refresh and clean-up data provisioning for non-production environments
- Data validation & assurance of data quality
- Maintenance of non-production environments
- Managing Changes / Release implementation in SAP environment
- Achieving governance, legal, contractual and regulatory requirements
- Managing scheduling and movement of transports across
- Ensuring seamless implementation of changes and releases into the live environment without causing any disruption to existing IT components
- Creating and communicating release calendar
- Ensuring proper tracking of changes / releases in SAP landscape
- Working with technical teams to analyze the impact and risk level of all changes / releases
- Reviewing & evaluating implementation plans for changes/releases
- Ensuring presentation of change/release details during CAB and obtain approval for implementation
- Scheduling changes / releases in line with approved implementation timelines
- Coordinating transport scheduling and movement across SAP environments
- Coordinating with Integrations Manager to understand upstream/downstream impact of Changes/Releases in the SAP environment
- Managing and communicating maintenance windows in the SAP environment
- Working with vendors/OEMs to coordinate impact analysis/planning/implementation activities
- Aligning with testing teams/CoE/functional users to enable them to perform necessary testing activities
- Analysing reports and trends and identifying areas for improvement, taking necessary preventive & corrective actions
- Analysing architecture of the SAP landscape and SLAs agreed with stakeholders, to support Technical Architect in determining the number of environments required and criticality of each environment
- Designing and overseeing operational support activities, to maintain SAP environments, in line with the agreed SLAs and availability
- Obtaining Release calendar and estimate component movement and required environment capacity requirements for the concerned period
- Tracking contributing projects to each environment and understanding timelines for component movement across environments for actual estimates
- Ensuring required environment capacity, availability and performance
- Overseeing environment synchronisation and after implementation of patches
- Overseeing code migrations from development to pre-production environments
- Supporting Change/Release Manager in analysing the impact of patches/Changes/Releases on SAP environments
- Working with DLAP/vendor support teams on monitoring environments and proactive resolution of identified issues
- Coordinating with Finance Systems teams/HR IS and identifying/resolving data related issues
- Providing required inputs to the Security Manager, in defining environment access roles in line with segregation of duties.
- Advising to support resolution of access related exceptions/conflicts
- Overseeing fulfilment/resolution of environment related Service Requests/Incidents within SLAs
- Coordinating environment/data refresh/clean-up activities
- Ensuring availability of data in required environments as needed
Request Fulfilment / Change Management & Release Operational Overview
- Overseeing the Transports from Non-Prod into Production Environment
- Change and configuration management activities
We’re seeking someone with experience in working on large-scale international business transformation programmes, preferably having worked on programmes that involved the introduction of new technology.
- 5+ years of experience in a production change and or environments capacity, applying the ITIL framework and best practices
- Competent with working in strict controlled environments in line with policies, procedures and processes
- Competent with SAP HANA & SAP Solution Manager
- Competent with SAP solutions on Google Cloud
- Competent with SAP Environments and lifecycle
- Agile and DevOps mindset – Fluent in both; promoting & demonstrating best practises; leading the way.
- Experience with using Service Now
- Proven experience of SAP or ERP Service Support – ideally within the legal sector and/or professional services or global scale environment.
- Self-starter who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 2.5+ years in Change / Release Management
- Experience in managing Changes/Releases in an SAP environment
- Experience working in a Managed Services environment
- Experience in working with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- At least 2 ITIL v3 Intermediate Certificates including Service Transition
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent education
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.