This is a new role within the Finance Systems Team and your main purpose will be to provide business analysis activities across the team.
Working in collaboration with IT Finance Matters, Service Delivery and Local Finance Teams, your focus will be primarily to deliver high caliber system analysis, support, help maintain live systems and ensuring business needs are met.
We're looking for someone who enjoys working in a fluid and agile way, that can bring lots of ideas to the table, whilst also working in a process driven fashion and as such you'll need to have extensive previous experience within similar functional Business analytics roles.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to Finance Systems Manager as part of a broader systems team and working alongside the Finance Systems Accountant, you will act as a conduit for both Finance and IT to ensure the optimisation of the SAP S4/Hana system and other applications
- Support system testing and providing SME support during UAT/ Hypercare periods for SAP/SNAP and associated systems
- Key Liaison point for the FinSys with both internal Master Data, Systems Development, IT, IT Finance Matters and across all Finance Systems teams on the development of system integrations, enhancements, you’ll be a functional Tester to ensure solutions provided have overcome known problems before changes can be signed off by Finance systems Manager
- Working through Service Now, you will help the Service Desk and Operational Support team Investigate complex functional incidents, problems, requests for support and determine the appropriate action to take and work with SAP/fulcrum and other third parties to resolve software bugs where applicable
- Ensuring all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently to agreed levels of service or specific requirements of Service or Operational level agreements. You create functional specification documents (FSD) for the new features making it more readable using the VISIO diagram representations
- Help maintain, update training documentation, and provide training across all FST COE and transfer knowledge where required
- Supporting transition programme from Hypercare of the new ERP system through working closely with the local SAP Champions/SME, in testing new SAP processes, and ensuring they have the covered current processes, as well as supporting FinSys. Master Data configuration requirements
- Document business requirements that can be translated into technical specifications to meet business needs and ensure the correlation between solution development and the business functional requirements
- Apply broad financial, systems and law firm knowledge to Identify and resolve core problems offering advice on process improvements, best practice, and technical solutions to meet business needs, investigating, processing, and documenting any SAP/HANA defects passed to the application support team, highlighting escalation risks
- Recommend which problems must be resolved as a priority, those that can be mitigated through other activities or approaches, and those that can be accepted, you will also progress each issue through to conclusion, liaising with colleagues and the developers for internally and externally
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a hybrid finance/Applications Analyst role with a Professional services or similar background
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail with some a proven record of mapping out processes, identifying issues and with the ability to offer pragmatic solutions
- Understanding of project delivery and ability to work to tight deadlines whilst ensuring thorough testing is carried out before implementation to the live environment
- Ability to pro-actively problem solve with a structured and logical approach
- Proven experience in system configuration, integration, and support, with proven ability to work cross-functionally, understanding theneeds, objectives, and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
- Knowledge of techniques for identifying, gathering, and validating requirements in the delivery of services
- Demonstrate an understanding of finance processes and eensure integrity / accuracy of business system data through documentation and review of processes overtime
- Demonstrate ability to triage, investigate, explain, and train end-users to understand route cause of issues, inconsistencies, or improprieties within the system transactions
- Experience of working within a global law firm
- Experience with Elite Enterprise, or other Practice Management system, SAP Concur, Intapp Time
- A good knowledge of law firm finance systems posting Principles to the following Ledgers (AR, AP and GL)
- Knowledge of ETL, system integrations, data flow and able to provide input into new business processes
- Some experience of SQL reporting
- Demonstrate project and change awareness, with some background in producing system test scripts and keeping documentation up to date
- Good work ethic and can-do attitude/desire to get the job done
- Able to manage User expectations, be proactive in support and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- A genuine self-starter and able to quickly integrate into and add value to a team supporting over 3000 users
- Able to work across teams as well build external relationships with IT and other compliance teams in the business
- Desire to become SME with a competent understanding of legal IT functions
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.