The Business Analyst will take ownership of assigned activities throughout the lifecycle of medium and large Business Change activities, ensuring the analysis approach is clearly defined and agreed, and consistent with business drivers and objectives. The resulting artefacts will be delivered using a variety of tools and methods that meet and reflect the needs of the Business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in defining solutions that address organisational, people, processes, information and technology aspects, and justifying the solutions when supporting the development of a business case for a business change initiative
- Works with colleagues and other stakeholders to investigate and model business functions, business requirements, business processes, information flows and data structures, using a range of business analysis techniques including Customer Experience / Journey Mapping, resolving any issues or disagreements
- Works with colleagues and other stakeholders to investigate operational issues, problems and new opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in aspects of business areas or systems of interest
- Produces detailed design specifications to form the basis for holistic solutions across the ServiceNow platform using agile methods and techniques as required
- Models, simulates or prototypes the behaviour of proposed systems components to enable approval by stakeholders
- Engages effectively with stakeholders of all levels to develop and review models, communicate modelling results and resolve any issues or disagreements.
- Ensures that a holistic view is taken of the situations investigated and that business objectives and requirements are understood to assure the feasibility of proposed solutions
- Investigates data requirements, documenting them according to required standards utilising the prescribed methods and tools
- Evaluates design options and prototypes to obtain user feedback on requirements of developing systems, products or services
- Utilises business knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the feasibility and relevance of proposed options for business and technical change.
- Assists colleagues and other stakeholders to define user acceptance tests for new or improved business processes and IT systems
- Undertakes impact analysis on major design options and trade-off. Makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Knowledge of application systems, development methods, techniques and standards
- Skilled in using Business Analysis techniques and Information Modelling tools
- Understanding of different methodologies e.g. Agile, XP, TDD, SCRUM, Waterfall and how to apply these
- Familiarity with Lean Agile thinking / ways of working, and DevOps
- Strong written & presentation skills, either face-to-face or online within various contexts and to a variety of audiences
- Adept at Stakeholder Engagement / Analysis
- Ability to work cross-functionally , understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
- Strong commercial awareness
- Able to work collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal
- Project Planning and Control Techniques - Methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects.
- Able to work with application development tools, Big Data, Data Analytics and AI
- Knowledge and Understanding of workflow processes notably ServiceNow although not essential
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players, investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.