The Senior Business Analyst will be involved at an early stage in the Project Lifecycle to help define the drivers, objectives, scope and high level requirements associated with a wide variety of Business Change activities.
The Senior Business Analyst will also have overall responsibility for the detailed analysis activities themselves associated with medium and large project lifecycles, either assigned to them or delegated to other Business Analysts.
The Senior Business Analyst will demonstrate significant practical experience of analysis methodologies, tools and techniques, obtained across a wide variety of projects. They should also coach and advise other analysts, assisting with their development.
Alongside project work, the Senior Business Analyst will also contribute to the continual improvement of the BA team as a whole identifying, owning and leading initiatives.
Similarly, the Senior Business Analyst will support the BA team and the wider IT Department shift towards Lean Agile, DevOps ways of working.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with colleagues and other stakeholders to shape the project definition, the analysis approach and project resource planning
- Ensures the vision, drivers, objectives and benefits are understood, documented, managed and traced throughout the project lifecycle
- Manages the business analysis activities across one or more related or unrelated projects or programs, assigning analysis activities and controlling workloads
- Provides coaching and support as required to other analysts and identifies development opportunities
- Manages the business analysts working together on a project or programme and has a detailed, up-to-date understanding of the status of each piece of analysis
- Takes responsibility for work to investigate business problems and opportunities, and specify required changes to business processes, people skills, information, technology and organisation structures and roles, utilising Customer Experience / Journey Mapping techniques where appropriate
- Works effectively with senior business and IT stakeholders, conducting investigations at a strategic level and assuring the feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Ensures that a holistic view is taken of the business situations investigated and that business objectives and requirements are understood
- Advises senior stakeholders on business change priorities within the context of the organisational strategy and objectives
- Utilises business knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the feasibility and relevance of proposed options for business and technical change
- Takes responsibility for the detailed specification and modelling of holistic solutions using standards, methods and techniques as required
- Engages effectively with senior stakeholders to develop and review models, communicate modelling results and resolve any issues or disagreements
- Models, simulates or prototypes the behaviour of proposed systems components to enable approval by stakeholders
- Undertakes impact analysis on major design options and trade-off. Makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks
- Plans and performs all types of user experience evaluation to check and confirm that usability and accessibility requirements have been met. Selects appropriate use of formative or summative evaluations
- Pro-active, helping to guide and steer both the analysis and project approach
- Knowledge of systems, development methods, techniques and standards
- Experience of working in an enterprise environment and a broad understanding of application architecture and the underlying hardware infrastructure
- Skilled in using Business Analysis techniques and Information Modelling tools
- Understanding of different development approaches e.g. Agile, XP, TDD, SCRUM, Waterfall and how to apply these
- Familiarity with Lean Agile thinking / ways of working, and DevOps
- Able to work with application development tools, Big Data, Data Analytics and AI
- Project Planning and Control Techniques - Methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects
- Strong presentation skills, either face-to-face or online within various contexts and to a variety of audiences
- Adept at Stakeholder Engagement/ Analysis
- Ability to work cross-functionally , understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
- Strong commercial awareness
- Able to work collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.