The ServiceNow developer will be a technology subject matter expert responsible for the analysis, design, development and implementation of enhancements/developments to the ServiceNow platform with a deep understanding of ITSM, HR and custom apps. You will be proficient in handling platform integrations and working in an agile team.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are recruiting a ServiceNow Developer working in the ServiceNow Support Team within IT.The IT function is a key part of our business services and operates across International with key hubs in Leeds, Warsaw and Australia (Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth).
As the ServiceNow Developer you will have advanced experience in ServiceNow and will be responsible for core system configuration within ServiceNow.
The ServiceNow developer will be a technology subject matter expert responsible for the analysis, design, development and implementation of enhancements/developments to the ServiceNow platform with a deep understanding of ITSM, HR and custom apps. You will be proficient in handling platform integrations and working in an agile team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent understanding across the ServiceNow platform with the ability to validate through experience why utilising an out of the box solution is key for driving business needs. They will be able to deal with difficult and sometimes complex problems through to delivery into production.
Experience of working on ServiceNow is a must as well as working in a large scale fast paced complex organisation would be advantageous, including working in an agile framework.ABOUT YOU
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop excellent quality ServiceNow customisations using agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming Ensure ServiceNow development practices align with existing DLA Piper internal development team standards
- Ensure ServiceNow development practices align with existing DLA Piper internal development team standards
- Assist the IT operations team to apply DevOps practices around the development and support of the ServiceNow platform
- Works closely with others in the team and the Platform Lead to ensure that capabilities of the platform are aligned with vision and strategy.
- Perform administration duties and configuration tasks in ServiceNow including standard configuration, security, workflow, data management and integration.
- Ability to take ownership of stories, defects or bugs to resolution ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed.
- Liaising with systems development staff and software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems.
- Aligns business issues with solutions that ServiceNow offers and communicates to business peers.
- Performs administration duties, configuration tasks and general housekeeping activities in ServiceNow including standard configuration, security, workflow, data management and integration.
- Raise opportunities of potential automation to enhance the end user experience with the platform.
Skills, experience and characteristics:
- Ability to assist with pre-release and release processes including final testing, corrections and documentation preparation
- Commitment to further development of knowledge and skills both current and new
- A solution focussed problem solver
- Proficient Use of Software revision control systems, e.g. Git.
- Expert knowledge of ServiceNow of the platform and its best practices and latest features, including expertise in setting up the full ServiceNow solution and its integration with other products.
- Proven experience and knowledge of delivering cloud based SAAS(preferably ServiceNow) solutions and best practices including the latest features, solution set up and integration with other products.
- Expert practical knowledge and experience of scripting – including use of data table structures, Business Rules, UI Policies, ACL’s, and utilisation of REST/SOAP integrations.
- Technical expert on application integrations, data transformations, ServiceNow MID Servers, Active Directory etc. around ServiceNow based around configuration and development.
- Excellent customer facing skills to act as a technical subject matter expert when engaging with the business or process owners, capable of taking technical requirements and presenting these back in simple, clear and concise terminology.
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage and manage stakeholders from a variety of different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Ability to design a solution from a set of business requirements.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Knowledge and experience supporting the technologies supported by the team.
- Previous experience of working within an Agile development framework
- ITIL V4 Foundation (desirable)
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.OUR VALUES
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.AGILE WORKING
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.