DLA Piper, an international leading law firm, currently on its transitional journey of becoming the law firm of the future, embracing change, investing in and driving modern initiatives, including vast support of data management in all areas of the business, is looking for a Management Accountant, who will join our established Management Information team for a 12 months period covering a maternity leave, the role will be sitting within our finance centre of excellence in Sheffield.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant, who will be passionate about data and financial reporting, encompassed with excellent attention to detail and proactive manner.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting & Controls:
- Management of a monthly control checklist, collating information from various finance departments to present to senior finance and the country managing partner
- Reconciliation and review of balance sheet/inter-company accounts, investigation into variances and resolution
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations and support for cash management & treasury processes within the team
- Support the MI Team Leader with co-ordination of the year-end UK audit
- Support the MI Team Leader to improve the quality of controls and efficiencies within the team
- UK Pension scheme accounting
- Review of complex UK/Global month end provisions including investigation of monthly variances for your area of responsibility
- Support the MI Team Leader in the drive for continued improvement of management reporting.
- Providing monthly reporting packs to budget holders
- Providing monthly financials to internal clients
- Opportunity to get involve in various projects within the team and with other finance teams as required
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Fast learner
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, Sumif, Vlookup)
- Good team working skills as well as being able to work independently when needed
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advocate of continuous improvement
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.OUR VALUES
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.PRE-ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.