DLA Piper are recruiting for two Project Engineers to work within the Project Engineering function. The team is responsible for the completion of analysis, design and engineering work related to the implementation requests from within the overarching Project Delivery function.
The Project Delivery Engineer role includes delivery of the agreed design provided from the Technical Architecture team that has been approved by the Technical Design Authority. The role will require an ability to work across multiple projects where needed and for the individual to have a rational and organised approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key areas of responsibility:
- Undertake planning, estimation, scheduling and implementation and, if appropriate, hand over to client of installations
- Installs, organises the disposal or removal of hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools, following agreed standard in an environmentally secure manner within established procedures and quality systems, including, where appropriate, handover to client
- Corrects malfunctions in installations, calling on other experienced colleagues and external sources if required, and initiates action to ensure best use is made of available assets
- Provides specialist guidance and some supervision to less experienced colleagues. Analyses work in progress, takes action to ensure targets are met within safety and quality procedures, including handover to client where appropriate
- Defines the software modules, ensuring that they meet the defined criteria. Produces software builds for loading on to target hardware
- Investigate installations not achieving design aim or business requirement and make recommendations for remediation. Monitor effectiveness of installation and ensure that appropriate recommendations for change are made
- Report on work performed accurately and effectively. Produce reports as required by management and clients
- Provide technical expertise to enable the configuration of software, other system components and equipment for the systematic testing of platform specific versions of software products
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technical specialism at a high level by, for example, reading relevant literature, attending conferences and seminars, meeting and maintaining contact with others involved in the technical specialism, training courses and through taking an active part in appropriate professional bodies
- Provide expert advice, both reactively and proactively to those engaged in activities where the technical specialism is applicable within IT and related areas such as budgetary and financial planning, litigation, legislation, and health and safety
- Relevant specialist expertise in several areas of installation:
- Networking and communications
- Operating Systems
- Network Data Security
- Infrastructure/System Security
- Thorough knowledge of testing procedures
- Knowledge of and experience in resolving configuration issues
- Planning and organisational skills / time management
- Display a consistently positive attitude and 'can do' approach
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organisation skills, and can meet deadlines
- Customer Focus – understanding the needs of the customer and keeping these in mind
- Strong attention to detail
- Goal Orientation – maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables
- Be motivated and resourceful, a team-player Be able to build and maintain strong relationships
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.OUR VALUES
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.AGILE WORKING
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.