DLA Piper's Greater China investigations and compliance practice advises multinational clients in internal investigations, regulatory proceedings, and compliance reviews with an integrated team in our Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, and Singapore offices.
We offer the right candidate an opportunity to collaborate with investigation and compliance specialists in our 80 offices in 40 countries worldwide, addressing regulatory challenges ranging from anti-bribery and anti-corruption (ABAC), fraud, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing to antitrust, consumer protection, economic sanctions, and export controls.
The successful candidate will have proven case management skills and the capacity to work independently under the guidance of senior attorneys.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing investigation proposals and work plans
- Conducting witness interviews
- Preparing investigation memoranda and reports
- Anticipating litigation risks when conducting investigations
- Conducting legal research
- Managing and conducting transactional ABAC due diligence
- Conducting compliance reviews
- Developing compliance policies and programs
- Providing direct assistance to senior lawyers in client service
- Exercising good judgment in internal and external written and verbal communications
- Contributing to client development initiatives
- A junior to mid-level associate with investigations and compliance experience
- U.S. bar admission
- 3 to 5 years PQE and with a preference of at least 2 years of experience in litigation and/or compliance and investigations
- Strong English - native equivalent written and spoken English
- Strong Mandarin - native equivalent written and spoken Mandarin Chinese
- Hong Kong based preferred but will consider Shanghai
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.OUR VALUES
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.AGILE WORKING
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.PRE-ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.