DLA Piper's Greater China investigations and compliance practice advises multinational clients in internal investigations, regulatory proceedings, and compliance reviews with an integrated team in our Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, and Singapore offices.
We offer the right candidate an opportunity to collaborate with investigation and compliance specialists in our 80 offices in 40 countries worldwide, addressing regulatory challenges ranging from anti-bribery and anti-corruption (ABAC), fraud, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing to antitrust, consumer protection, economic sanctions, and export controls.
The successful candidate will have proven case management skills and the capacity to work independently under the guidance of senior attorneys.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing investigation proposals and work plans
- Conducting witness interviews
- Preparing investigation memoranda and reports
- Anticipating litigation risks when conducting investigations
- Conducting legal research
- Managing and conducting transactional ABAC due diligence
- Conducting compliance reviews
- Developing compliance policies and programs
- Providing direct assistance to senior lawyers in client service
- Exercising good judgment in internal and external written and verbal communications
- Contributing to client development initiatives
- A junior to mid-level associate with investigations and compliance experience
- U.S. bar admission
- 3 to 5 years PQE and with a preference of at least 2 years of experience in litigation and/or compliance and investigations
- Strong English - native equivalent written and spoken English
- Strong Mandarin - native equivalent written and spoken Mandarin Chinese
- Hong Kong based preferred but will consider Shanghai
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.OUR VALUES
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.AGILE WORKING
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.PRE-ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.