We are a leading global legal firm looking for a Contentious Solicitor sharing our professional and commercial values striving for excellence.
This unique opportunity is suitable for a qualified contentious legal professional with vast experience in litigation, encompassed with exciting agenda within leadership, extensive relationship management within a global firm, allocation within our Legal Delivery Centre in Leeds, which accommodates our “best in class” team of approx. 65 paralegals, combined with great growth opportunities for a commercially minded successor for the role.
The role will be a key part of a team which provides contentious services primarily to internal clients, most notably DLA Piper’s Litigation Regulatory and Employment Groups, while the work undertaken will include disclosure, support on regulatory investigations, as well as repeat claims.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being responsive to both the internal lawyers and external client requirements
- Ensuring the assignment brief is clarified to the extent required
- Managing the expectations of those providing the assignment brief
- Supporting (and where necessary supplementing) the work of the Paralegals in carrying out the assignment brief
- Co-ordinating training and providing coaching to ensure Paralegals are able to meet expectations
- Tracking progress in completing assignments, acting as the initial point of contact in connection with any issues and escalating as necessary
- Ensuring timescales and standard ways of working are adhered to
- Undertaking appropriate quality checks and ensuring sufficient quality controls are in place
- Assessing opportunities to improve operational processes, documentation and training
- Line Management responsibility for Paralegals in the team
- Conducting performance reviews of the Paralegals within the team
- A broad range of contentious experience as a fee earner or professional support lawyer
- Able to persuade and work well with people at all levels
- Strong communicator with an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior process design experience useful
- Highly professional, including a dedication to exceeding customer service expectations
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.OUR VALUES
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best.
If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations, should they be required.AGILE WORKING
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.PRE-ENGAGEMENT SCREENING
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.