This role is responsible for driving forward and supporting the business development and marketing activities of Corporate Practices across Asia, mainly in Corporate Finance (Capital Markets, M&A), Private Equity and Investment Funds.
Reporting to the Senior BD Manager, the successful candidate will actively promote and facilitate cross-selling across more offices (both Asia and beyond), practice groups and sectors.
They will help drive forward the firm’s client development efforts across Asia, including leading on our firm’s initiatives in corporate and supporting a number of clients of the firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pitching – Prepare pitches and capability statements in line with firm guidelines, in English and Chinese. Working with local office teams, maintaining a suite of local capability and pitch materials that are easily accessible and in line with house style. This role will assist in providing marketing services support and consultancy advice to the nominated practice group
- Database Management – Work with the office teams to implement local deal capture processes and ensure that fee earners enter relevant deal information in the firm’s deal and matter database. Maintain CVs for fee earners in the practice group. Ensure practice group client distribution lists are established and maintained in our CRM database (InterAction)
- Marketing – Prepare collateral supporting the relevant practice groups and industry sectors and ensure that it is updated on a regular basis. Ensure that descriptions on the firm’s website are relevant and up-to-date
- Directories and Awards – Working with our communication team, this role will prepare directory and award submissions relating to various corporate practice groups. It will work with office teams to ensure local practice submissions are aligned with, and include similar messages to, the regional submissions. This role will oversee and prepare submissions for relevant award ceremonies
- Events – Support the firm in the organisation and execution of events. Coordinate any local sponsorships. Working with practice group teams, coordinate speaking engagements of fee earners. Deliver events to reflect the firm’s brand and business strategy, aimed at target markets. Promote events internally and externally
- Business Planning – Work with the Senior Manager of assigned practice and industry groups to develop annual business plans for Asia, contribute to project planning and budget preparation; and monitor spending against budgets
- Strategic initiatives – Implement firm wide strategic marketing initiatives in Asia, including the firm’s client programme. Support and advise partners in all relationship management and business development efforts, including providing support for pitches and client feedback initiatives. Assist in the implementation of business development and communications activity including PR, internal communications, pitching and targeting. Contribute to the development and management of competitive products and services
- Other – Handle any other duties and responsibilities as identified from time to time by Senior Manager and the Head of Business Development and Marketing – Asia
- Working closely with the Asia Client Manager and Head of Business Development and marketing to provide one priority Asia client with administrative support, communication, client intelligence and monitoring of financial performance
- In conjunction with various Client Relationship Partners (CRPs), build and nurture key priority clients under the Asia Priority Client programme to help educate and professionalize the core team on how to intensify their account management activities on relationship building and opportunity management
- Working with a small number of Asia CRPs to analyse client data, help deliver on the client service plan for the Key Client Program and assisting on administrative requirements, ensuring these clients are supported in accordance with best practice processes e.g. regular Client Relationship Reviews which are in line with the firm’s client management methodology
- Ensure delivery of commitments made with the client, including the implementation of systems and procedures to promote consistency and quality of client service
- 4-6 years’ experience in similar roles ideally within an international professional services firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin with Cantonese preferable as well
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Be IT literate – experience of Excel, Word 2010 and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial
- Display a consistently positive attitude and a “can do” approach, the ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
- The ability to work well both on own initiative and collaboratively as part of a team, seeing delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
- Embrace change, modifying behaviours and attitudes where necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Excellent project management skills to meet multiple deadlines at a time, dealing with demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- Strong client development skills, preferably gained in an international organisation
- The ability to think strategically and to analyse issues so as to identify creative solutions
- A professional approach, score highly in terms of commitment and internal client care
- Commercial awareness in both approach and delivery
- A sound understanding of professional marketing approaches and new business issues
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the firm, contribute information and ideas as part of the strategy process
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
3511 | Hong Kong | 2362