We are recruiting a Billing Coordinator within our Finance team in our Morocco office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing expertise in the firm’s complex billing system, processes and key client billing requirements
- Understanding the end-to-end billing process including creating standard bills, disbursements, amending narratives and raising credit notes
- Identifying and implementing process improvements relating to global client billing requirements with a focus on reducing errors and bill reversals. Local contact for key international clients billing requirements and disseminating relevant information whenever needed
- Documenting and sharing client billing requirements
- Developing specialist expertise (i.e. e-billing, client reporting, SAP…)
- Responsible for cash collection using the firm available tools. Resolving billing reversals, client queries and keeping track of provision of invoices to clients
- Ensuring urgent billing requests are promptly processed
- Responsible for client matter opening, maintenance, closure and archiving
- Providing administrative support to fee earners with conflict searches and audit requests
- Ensuring timely and accurate dispatch of bills to clients, and making sure that all invoices are duly archived
- Be a flexible team member who provides billing guidance and assistance to different areas of the business
- Developing close working relationships with the Finance team and work collaboratively with them, locally and internationally
- Communicating with Finance and fee earners to keep all appraised of billing status
- Meeting regularly with partners agreeing approach for their billing/client reporting, and documenting well any billing instructions
- Demonstrating flexibility with working practices in line with the business needs, especially in times of pressure/ high workload
- Ensuring clear and concise record keeping relating to billing tasks undertaken and correct filing of tasks and supporting materials (e.g. email instructions / discussions)
- Undertaking work of a confidential nature requiring a high level of legal administrative expertise
- Previous experience using SAP – essential
- Previous experience within a professional services environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) & Skype for Business (Microsoft Teams would be beneficial)
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Arabic, French and English)
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Flexible approach to working practices in order to meet business needs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, personable and approachable
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Conscientious and diligent
- Remains calm under pressure
- Eager to learn and develop skills
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
2643 | Morocco | Casablanca