DLA Piper are looking for a Talent Management Specialist to support the delivery of the firm’s Talent strategy across all groups and geographies (International coverage). If you’re a seasoned Talent Management professional looking for your next challenge – the breadth and the depth of responsibilities this role offers may be on an interest!
You will be responsible for leading several Talent Management initiatives and projects that support the broader Talent strategy which will position the firm as a leader for attraction, development and retention of the most exceptional talent. You will proactively provide current and leading-edge subject matter expertise and enable the business to be the leading global business law firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively contribute to the delivery of firm-wide Talent priorities
- Provide specialist subject matter expertise to support firm-wide initiatives
- Keep up to date in key developments, research and best-practice in the field of Talent Management
- Independently lead talent projects with limited supervision, including maintenance of project plans, stakeholder maps, and change and communications plans
- Own, maintain and deliver against key Talent Management projects within the people lifecycle
- Build strong relationships with the HR Business Partner teams to enable them to support their clients across all groups and geographies at DLA Piper
- Be a key point of specialist expertise to support leaders within the CoE teams
- Identify areas for collaboration across the wider Talent Development function
Specific duties will include:
Performance Management and Objective Setting:
- Leading on all aspects of performance management and objective setting across the firm
- Maintaining and delivering project plans, comms and engagement plans, and products for the performance management cycle, including ensuring links with the pay and reward processes
- Designing key frameworks, guides and other support materials which accompany the performance management and objective setting cycle. Examples include feedback guides, ratings scale descriptions and step-by-step how-to guides
- Understanding of various HR systems and performance management platforms across the market, and the details of how these support performance management, such as a basic understanding of HR core data and migration across platforms
- Migration of core people data into the performance management platforms to ensure accurate administration of the performance cycle, e.g. all employees having access to the right performance forms
- Understanding of best practice in the performance management world, such as new thinking around rating scales and cadence of feedback
- Leading on the design and delivery of succession planning cycles across the international firm
- Delivering project plans to tight timescales whilst working with HR colleagues across all groups and geographies. This includes running briefing sessions for HR colleagues to enable them to deliver to their clients across a range of locations
- Consolidating succession plans and providing data and insights to present to the senior leaders within the firm
- Talent Reviews, Talent Mapping and HiPo Identification
- Designing key frameworks for performance and potential, leading to the identification of HiPo talent across the organisation.
- Running of projects to rollout talent reviews and talent mapping across groups and geographies
- Enabling the HR community to lead local talent reviews and talent projects
- Briefing and upskilling HR colleagues so they can use guidance and templates to perform talent reviews in their jurisdictions
- Tracking HiPo talent during their careers
- Talent Data and Insight
- Work with HR Operations to commission relevant talent reporting
- Running and consolidating various reports and data to draw insights which feed into other Talent processes
- Using our HRIS to draw relevant data points to report back to HR and other Talent colleagues
- Strong understanding and use of Software as a Service (SaaS) products including Success Factors, and how these can support the Talent Management lifecycle
- Leading on the integration of Talent Management products and services into a new SaaS platform, including performance management, talent reviews and succession planning
- Support the Head of Leadership development on programme design as required
- Work alongside the teams’ talent advisor to support the coordination of key leadership and talent programmes
- Have designed and led Talent Management projects and initiatives across a complex multi-stakeholder business
- Confident in working and influencing senior stakeholders
- Have owned significant Talent Management projects end-to-end across the people lifecycle at a large, international firm
- Have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for Talent Management
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be fluent in English
- Be able to quickly build relationships at all levels and influence, persuade and coach
- Be able to exercise discretion and sensitivity
- Have a strategic mindset
- Have an excellent knowledge of Talent Management best practices and linkages to HR practices
- Have experience of working in international teams/environment
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
2464 | United Kingdom | Birmingham | Edinburgh | Leeds | Liverpool | London | Manchester | Sheffield