Onboarding Team Leader is responsible for providing a best-in-class onboarding experience to all new joiners and stakeholders, through effective management and leadership of the onboarding operations team. Ensuring a high quality, efficient and customer focused service is delivered, with a mindset to optimise the service through process, technology and team performance, establishing effective controls to deliver with a right first-time approach.
As part of the Recruitment and Onboarding Operations Team, the role partners up with the Manager and Recruitment Operations Team Leader. You will be required to support a ‘one team’ approach, to ensure collective objectives and initiatives are achieved, creating a supportive work environment where all the team members have an opportunity to showcase their skills and work on their owns progress.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an HR Team Leader- Onboarding Operations, you will:
- Manage the service delivery of all onboarding requirements to ensure full adherence to process and policy whilst achieving new joiner readiness for start date. A focus on quality, efficiency, and a right first-time approach to minimize rework.
- Lead, coach, mentor the team, ensuring effective team training, knowledge, engagement, and support to deliver an exceptional stakeholder and new joiner experience, exceeding their expectations.
- Day to day operational management of the team, workflow allocation, monitor progress and quality, track team and individual performance against KPI, SLAs, and quality providing constructive feedback of quality, timeliness, and compliance.
- Continuous improvement – proactively identify opportunities for improvement. Support our SMEs in process improvements, automation, change initiatives. Identify growth opportunities across our service scope.
- Embed the use of SuccessFactors and Service Now as per intended design and ways of working, to deliver compliant processes and enable production of operational reporting.
- Produce and utilise operational reporting to inform decision making, to include performance, forecasting, resource planning, utilisation, workload, trends, efficiency, and quality
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor, through open and transparent communication, own the relationship management and stakeholders’ engagement. Provide guidance and advice to International Recruitment Partners and stakeholders.
- Partner with other GSC HR streams, departments, stakeholders, and suppliers to deliver successful outcomes collectively. Establish yourself as the ‘go to’ person.
- Support team initiatives to drive employee engagement and motivation across the overall team. Encourage open communication and build an environment and culture of support, coaching, collaboration, equality, and trust
- Manage escalations (qualify the issue, address where appropriate, engage with relevant stakeholders, propose solutions / improvements, implement controls to minimise future risk)
- Staffing & selection of new team members, integration of new staff, facilitating technical / functional training, upskilling, mapping skills within the team, assessing training needs and succession planning
- Responsible for ensuring processes, documentation, work instructions are established and fit for purpose. Projects and reporting delivered to agreed timescale
- Ensure that all relevant company’s standards and guidelines are met. Handle and store sensitive candidate personal data and documentation appropriately as per guidelines
- Experience of working in an International business environment, leading an HR team is essential
- At least 5 years of relevant experience preferably in an HR / Recruitment Operations / RPO environment (professional services preferred) and at least a year of experience leading a team
- Leadership skills, being able to inspire team to follow your example
- Excellent English skills required
- Timeliness, accuracy, and precision in task delivery
- Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to see delegated tasks through to completion at a high standard
- A proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with stakeholders
- Highly motivated with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude. You will have a collaborative working style, able to work on own initiative as well as part of a wider team
- Ability to understand and identify with the firm, and its objectives and values
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
1647 | Poland | Warsaw