This is an opportunity to play an integral role in our International Reward Team. You will have sole responsibility for leading on annual compensation events (such as pay and bonus reviews), conducting data analysis (budgeting, project work), managing the in-country benefits platform and in completing standard reward activities (benchmarking, query resolution). Whilst this role predominantly supports the Australia compensation activities, there will also be opportunities to support the Asia Reward Senior Manager in Asia reward and benefits activities and the international team in project activity as required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan for and independently project manage the Australia annual salary and bonus review (full cycle), creating the required local project timeline, documenting and adhering to deadlines and ensuring appropriate and effective administration, communication tools and correct payment systems are in place
- Set up and ongoing maintenance and enhancement of the compensation tool, working with the team as a subject matter expert to support the rollout of future compensation and benefit systems
- Lead on financial modelling and budgeting for the annual review and as required in projects
- Embed the role framework in reward practices, leading on regular audits and support with changes and with upskilling the wider firm
- Lead on the annual D& I reporting requirements (e.g. gender/ethnicity pay report) and run equal pay reviews
- Work with HR and other key stakeholders across the business on various reward related projects
- Continuous review and analysis of reward policies and processes to ensure international alignment, such as approach to bonuses and KPIs
- Support the Senior Reward Manager AsiaPac with the Asia annual salary and bonus review, undertaking analysis, financial and budgeting as required
- Ensure the salary, bonus, pension and benefits are benchmarked across the region using agreed credible data sources and analyse the findings on a regular basis. Responsible for survey submissions and vendor relations
- Work on wider Reward projects which may be AsiaPac or international in scope
- Engaging within HR to ensure performance related remuneration systems and policies are effectively documented, communicated, planned for and reported
- Assist with maintenance of the compensation and benefits framework, policies and processes in line with the overall business strategy
- Engage with the business as a subject matter expert to ensure that Reward is seen as a visible partner which is relevant to the wider strategic agenda of the firm
- Be an accomplished experienced Reward analyst with practical experience of salary and bonus reviews, benchmarking, systems, recognition tools, performance management and benefit policies/administration
- Have excellent Excel, Report Writing, PowerPoint skills and experience of HR systems and data manipulation
- Be able to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently both orally and in writing
- Have the ability to challenge and influence constructively, combined with high levels of resilience
- Be comfortable operating with ambiguity and can demonstrate a flexible and collaborative working style; Apply specific knowledge and expertise to provide solutions to problems and respond positively and credibly, to overcome any barriers
- Have proven experience of acting as the primary point of contact for a defined population; with the ability to tailor approach and support to the size and needs of the location
- Take the initiative to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things to ensure continuous enhancement of processes
- Collaborate and share knowledge by encouraging teamwork and building a strong team spirit
- Have a good understanding of the HR business partner and specialist team model, with the ability to operate effectively as part of a larger, international HR team within a matrixed, partnership environment
- Understanding of employee benefits, administration and experience of working with vendors would be ideal
- Have strong financial modelling skills and experience of working with Finance
- Experience of a partnership or professional services environment; experience and understanding of a complex, matrix organization preferred
- Possess strong knowledge of the statutory requirements for remuneration and benefits including basic tax and employment law, with a pragmatic (yet consistent) approach and the ability to find commercial solutions that are in line with best practice, the firm’s policies and also meet the needs of the business
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
1469 | Australia | Melbourne | Sydney