This position is a combination of the role and responsibilities of a member of the Singapore Hub team as well as a coordinator for the billings and collection process.
He / She will:
- report to the Singapore Hub Team Leader and work collaboratively with the Finance Manager and the Finance team;
- have overall responsibility of coordination, preparation and supporting inter-related activities to ensure that our bills are properly handled, prepared and issued to clients on a timely basis, as well as following up on collection process; and
- also form part of the Singapore Hub team to provide administrative support to the fee earners and business service as and when required.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop expertise in the firm’s complex billing system, processes and key client billing requirements. Facilitate and keep track of provision of invoices to clients.
- Develop close working relationships with the Finance team and work collaboratively with them, locally and internationally, to improve communication between Secretarial and Finance teams. Where time permits, work with the Finance team to understand other Finance processes and develop expertise.
- Identify and implement process improvements relating to global client billing requirements with a focus on reducing errors and bill reversals. Local contact for key international clients billing requirements, document and sharing relevant requirement/ information with Hub team members and Finance team.
- Act as point of contact for clients, resolving invoice related queries, and escalating to Partner’s where appropriate. Work closely with Partners and clients to alter current team billing cycle to alleviate end of month pressure. Meet regularly with Partners agreeing approach for their billing/client reporting and be the ‘go to’ person for our Finance team.
- Coordinate the team’s client reporting and month-end billing reports and ensure individual team members are aware of any relevant client billing requirements.
- Collaborate with hub team members on billing processes, procedures and solutions. Ensure urgent billing requests are promptly communicated to the appropriate Hub Team Leader and fee earners, and updating of billing status.
- Be a flexible team member who provides billing guidance and assistance to different areas of the business. Follow Singapore Hub processes and procedures when undertaking billing tasks.
- Ensure clear and concise record keeping relating to billing tasks undertaken and correct filing of tasks and supporting materials (e.g. email instructions / discussions). Any other secretarial or administrative duties as required.
- Generating Statement of Account and sending to client.
- Provide Statement of Account to inter-company.
- Follow up with client on collection.
Hub Team Member
- Collaborate and assist the Hub team and proactively engage with fee earners regarding work requirements. Collaborate with overseas Hub team as and when required.
- Follow Singapore Hub processes and procedures when undertaking tasks.
- Actively participate in Singapore Hub team monthly meetings and relevant trainings.
- Supporting the matter opening process following the steps regulated by the procedures in an efficiently and effectively way.
- Ensuring accurate and timely use of our finance management system to facilitate matter opening, maintenance, closure and archiving.
- Recording time for fee earners when required.
- Processing expense claims for travel and other expenses for fee earners.
- Cover reception lunch duties at front desk (roster basis).
- Maintaining contacts database (Interaction).
- Photocopying, faxing, scanning, binding.
- Organising courier deliveries and collections.
- Attending team and office meetings.
- Other ad-hoc administration duties.
- Diploma in Accounting or related discipline.
- Certificate / Diploma in Business Management / Legal Practice (well regarded, but not essential).
- Intermediate level experience in billings, secretarial and administrative assistant role.
Skills & Attributes
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Office 365 ProPlus, iManage Work and billing system (SNAP/SAP)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Nuance PDF and Excel) and collaboration tools (Skype for Business, Zoom and MS Teams)
- Excellent diary management
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and complete simultaneous projects when numerous and diverse demands are involved
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports
- Detailed understanding and experience of billing
- Applies knowledge and judgement to solve problems and make decisions
- Flexible approach to working practices in order to meet business needs
- Friendly and professional demeanour
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Conscientious and diligent
- Eager to learn and develop skills
- Adopt a can-do attitude
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Proactive, takes initiative and well organised
- Mature, with an attention to detail and highly resourceful
- Ability to use initiative and to work well under pressure / meet deadlines
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
1277 | Singapore