The Marketing & Business Development Executive will provide support to the London Events and UK Marketing and BD team in delivery of the office and UK-wide marketing plans.
A frontline role, you will work directly with the London Office Managing Partner and partners/lawyers from across the UK, supporting them with their requests whilst at the same time operating as part of a close working team. You will have a proactive and accountable approach to your work, strive to find efficient ways of working and be personable in your style. Where possible, you will delegate and co-ordinate workflow to others to support you in the delivery of tasks (e.g. Secretarial Hubs, Warsaw Global Service Centre).
The role holder should be flexible in working approach and be available and willing to work on events outside normal office hours when required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the UK Marketing and BD team to implement each aspect of the office marketing plan in addition to supporting wider UK activity, primarily events, where necessary.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of specific events from end-to-end, including initial scoping and objective setting through to execution and analysis / ROI reporting.
- Provide high level support on key UK-wide events.
- Act as support lead on location specific marketing and BD deliverables. This involves initial scoping, drafting and project managing the process to completion, often to tight deadlines.
- Co-ordinate attendance at local business membership meetings, events and industry dinners.
- Support on location specific internal and external communications including digital posters, news alerts, press releases, advertising, directory entries, awards entries and marketing collateral. Strong writing skills are essential.
- Work with the Events Manager and the UK Marketing and BD Manager to support the co-ordination of sponsorship campaigns, ensuring sponsorship is maximised and value is returned, to include internal/external communications, social media and on the ground delivery.
- Support the Event Manager and the UK Marketing and BD Manager on ad hoc BD activity which includes working with intermediaries, client listening and practice group specific targeting and supporting on new business generation as a whole.
- Produce engaging and relevant marketing collateral such as flyers, brochures and placemats.
- Track budgets, process invoices accurately and report on spend.
- Provide social media support including this in all campaigns and event planning and delivery to the highest standard.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in delivering support for the following activities:
- Translating the firm-wide client strategy into a pragmatic delivery by utilising the whole marketing mix primarily communications and event/business membership management.
- Contributing information and ideas as part of the marketing strategy process.
- Comfortable dealing with and managing external suppliers (designers, PR agencies, event companies, venues etc).
- Contributing to the creation, building and management of the DLA Piper brand.
- Exchange of information with others inside and outside of the marketing function.
- Stakeholder management and effective communication skills.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience working within a Corporate environment or, ideally, within Professional Services.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness in both approach and delivery.
- Be confident operating on their own initiative, owning projects and seeing them through to conclusion seeking appropriate supervision.
- Demonstrate a professional approach in terms of commitment and internal client care.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, working as part of a small, hands-on local team but with the ability to successfully co-ordinate projects in a virtual team environment.
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines, be methodical and logical, as well as thrive in a robust and fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations.
- Display a consistently positive attitude and adopt a proactive 'can do' approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team; collaborative working style.
- Be IT literate - experience of Excel, PowerPoint, Word 2010 and Outlook is essential; experience of using InterAction/CRM systems would be beneficial.
- Hold a Degree/CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing (desirable).
This job description is not designed to be exhaustive and can be varied, as required, to develop or fulfil the role of the Marketing & Business Development Executive.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold - we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional - we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.