To support the Head of Internal Audit as part of DLA Piper’s Internal Audit team. DLA Piper’s third line of defence provides independent and objective assurance to the Board, Executive Management and Audit Committee on the design and effectiveness of the firm’s internal controls, including compliance by DLA Piper’s first and second lines of defence teams with internal policies and procedures as well as best practice, applicable laws and regulations.
Manage and ensure the delivery of internal audits and reviews in accordance with the approved Internal Audit Plan to provide assurance on the design and effectiveness of the firm’s internal controls and processes, including compliance with internal policies and procedures across the international firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of the audit plan for the international firm
- Have management responsibility for operational and financial compliance audit specialists within the Internal Audit function, who deliver the audit activities on a day-to-day basis. This will include coaching, training and taking responsibility for the delivery of their assignments
- Act as a delegate for the Head of Internal Audit
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in undertaking the periodic risk assessment and develop the annual risk-based Internal Audit Plan for the international firm
- Support the Head of Internal Audit to scope and deliver individual audit reviews across the international firm in accordance with the approved annual Internal Audit Plan ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach
- Support the Head of Internal Audit on communication to the Executive & Audit Committee of any variations to the approved Audit Plan
- Assessment of resource/capability requirements and monitoring of the Internal Audit team budget
- Ensure and oversee the delivery of structured and clear internal audit reports for all completed audits detailing the agreed audit findings and management actions.
- Regular tracking of the delivery of all agreed management actions by auditees to address and remediate audit findings, validate closure of audit actions and update the Board, Executive & Audit Committees on remediation progress status.
- Developing an audit culture, where audit findings are reported, communicated and understood across the firm.
- Review testing and monitoring of the compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as best practice, applicable laws and regulations across the international Firm.
- Manage and oversee ad-hoc assurance reviews and deep dives of strategic initiatives and issues as requested by the Executive Committee and Board members.
- Develop Internal Audit MI for presentation and discussion in senior governance forums of DLA Piper including the Executive, Board, Risk and Audit Committees.
- Establish and update the internal methodology, processes and templates of the Internal Audit team.
- Work in a collaborative manner with other teams across the International Risk Group to ensure a consistent approach to risk management, internal controls and assurance is maintained throughout DLA Piper.
- Develop effective relationships with partners, fee earners and business services teams and work closely with key business stakeholders.
- Develop meaningful relationships, becoming a trusted advisor for the partnered business areas.
- Co-ordination with external auditors wherever necessary to ensure appropriate audit coverage.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of changes in business activities, operations and evolving risks through participation in regular meetings with Management.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in the coordination of the training activities within the Internal Audit team.
- Management of change programs and initiatives within the Internal Audit function.
- A qualified audit professional (ACA / ACCA / CIA) with direct internal or external audit experience from a Big 4 Accounting Firm; minimum 10 years experience
- Experience in leading multi-jurisdictional audit teams and having line management responsibility
- Experience in the definition and delivery of firm-wide Internal Audit Plans
- Have significant experience of managing audit programmes in a complex matrix organisation
- Experience in developing and managing annual continuous monitoring and risk assessment
- Excellent knowledge of best practice audit methodology and experience in review and update of audit processes and templates
- Practical knowledge and experience of audit procedures, from scoping, planning, testing, agreement of actions and reporting of findings
- Experience in the tracking and oversight of the delivery of audit actions with management owners in accordance with agreed audit timescales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, skilled at drafting structured and precise audit reports
- Experience of working effectively with cross-functional areas within a matrix structure
- Be a self-starter who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team
- Excellent relationship management and the ability to work effectively with and influence the Board, Executive, Audit & Risk Committees, partners, fee earners and non-lawyers
- Experience of working in a regulated environment/sector
- Possesses a high level of commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous situations, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative working style
- High level of professionalism and personal accountability
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
3432 | Poland | Warsaw