The Finance Manager – Billing, Master Data, Reporting & GLof the GSC Billing, Master Data, Reporting & General Ledger (GL) teams will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality finance support services from DLA Piper’s Global Service Centre to our international fee earners, partners, business services professionals and external clients. The Manager will have extensive experience in the area of finance support areas including: Billing, Master Data, Reporting & GL. The successful candidate will lead on all day-to-day activities relating to the GSC Billing, Master Data, Reporting & GL Team, ensuring all key performance metrics agreed with the GSC Senior Finance Manager are being met.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for line management (including performance management) of the GSC personnel aligned to the Billing, Master Data, Reporting & GL teams
- Share and apply best practices in all areas of delivery by subordinate teams
- Act as subject matter expert on financial accounting for the rest of GSC staff
- Ensure that all relevant company standards and guidelines are met
- People management, including: staffing & selection, integration of new staff to teams, facilitating technical/functional training or leveraging other training resources, measuring individual and team performance, providing feedback, counselling and coaching as needed, confronting employee issues, managing corrective action process (with HR consultation), terminating employees (with HR consultation), supporting HR on annual salary planning process for the team
- Ensure compliance with agreed processes and applicable policies and procedures
- Identify, design and implement improvements in process and work organization including active participation in technology implementations
- Manage escalated issues and provide final approval within the team
- Ensure integration with other functional areas including seeking opportunities for cross-functional cost effective solutions
- Act as first point of escalation for process-related items within the team, resolving or escalating issues timely and effectively
- Develop and manage metrics to assess performance of provided services relative to service level agreements and customer, vendor and team satisfaction
- Support Services Owner, understand Customers’ needs, propose and implement new solutions and service offerings – hold regular meetings with Customers to discuss performance, plan enhancements and future changes.
- Provide required analysis of process performance as well as identify additional analysis perspectives to support Customers’ decisions
- Manage Continuous Improvement actions within the teams
- Fluent English,
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience. At least 5 years of relevant experience in a Finance shared services or BPO environment preferably in services industry (including at least 3 years experience in Managerial role)
- University degree preferably in accounting or other business discipline. Masters’ degree a plus.
- International business experience required
- Demonstrate proficiency in the domain of General Accounting and thorough understanding of financial accounting and reporting
- Thorough understanding of accounting controls, experience in General Ledger and Reporting
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with customers (customer focus, stakeholder and expectations management skills)
- Problem solving, priority setting, planning, delegation, directing others, managing and evaluating work capabilities
- Strong people management skills and ability to work in international diversified professional environment
- Familiarity with ERP systems (SAP – a strong asset), Ticketing/workflow systems (Service Now – strong asset) and basic computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge and working experience of technology tools supporting process quality and efficiency will be an asset (previous Robotic Processes Automation experience – a strong asset)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong drive and a consistently positive attitude and a ‘can do’ approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team
- Collaborative approach
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers and business service professionals located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we are compassionate and inclusive, valuing diversity and acting thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we are proactive, passionate team players investing in our relationships
- Be Bold – we are fearless and inquisitive, challenging ourselves to think big and find creative new solutions
- Be Exceptional – we are strategic and driven, exceeding standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We recognise that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits and where relevant, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and work-related references.
3250 | Poland | Warsaw